The Omet 400T regeneration work is finished: the machine has left our workshop to continue its sheet metal stamping activity.
Innovation in sheet metal stamping
Despite the advent of covid19, sheet metal processing in this sector has been steadily increasing in recent years. One of the reasons is that there is increasing awareness of the advantages they can bring in terms of structural efficiency, environmental sustainability and cost reduction.
In the automotive and white goods sector, with which Omet has been collaborating for over 40 years, various safety and emission reduction standards have come into force. A determining factor influencing these parameters is certainly the use of increasingly thin and light steels.
Cold sheet metal stamping makes it possible to obtain components of high lightness and quality, as it maintains all the mechanical and resistance characteristics of the materials. A further advantage is due to the fact that finished or semi-finished products can be obtained with extreme speed and precision.
What is regeneration?
One of the services provided by Omet is that of the regeneration of the presses, regenerating a press is always a valid alternative, thanks to the quality of the final result.
The regeneration of a press is a service that allows you to reuse a machine that has worn out over time and make it as good as new. It can take place partially or totally depending on the state of the machine. The compliance process is made up of several stages that go in a precise manner. A high degree of specialization is required to overhaul a press.
Thanks to decades of experience in Omet is able to carry out a complete regeneration on any type of printing, according to the customer’s needs
The characteristics of the press
The last regeneration work took place for a 400 ton Omet press. After being overhauled, the press left our factory to reach the final customer.
The press has been equipped with all the equipment, both hardware and software, to make it suitable for the needs of industry 4.0.
The OMET 400t press is mechanical with a modular structure with two uprights and two connecting rods. It has the following technical characteristics:
Nominal thrust: 4000 kN
Strokes per minute: 25-50
Fixed stroke: 400 mm
Platform size: 2500 × 1500mm
Closed mold height: 920 mm
The revision phases
As anticipated, the process of overhauling a used car involves several stages, let’s find out together:
– Disassembly: the press has been disassembled in all its components, has been cleaned and the condition of each component has been checked
– Painting: subsequently the press was subjected to the painting process.
– Mechanical replacements: as regards the mechanical part, the intervention involved the remaking of some components of the kinematic chain such as: eccentrics, connecting rods, bushings, intermediate shafts and bearings.
– Plant replacements: the overhaul was also carried out for the plant engineering part through the reconstruction of the pneumatic system, the lubrication system and the electrical system.
– Assembly: the next step was to reassemble all the components in the various parts of the structure and then proceed with the framing of the latter.
– Phasing: thanks to the application of a shrink disc on one of the two intermediate shafts, it was then possible to fine-tune the synchronization of the two counter-rotating eccentrics.
– Final testing: the press has been in motion for several consecutive hours to verify its effective operation before being destined for final use.